Location: NEW YORK, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Within this essential and exciting role, you will have the opportunity to craft social media strategies, produce tailored visual content, and execute influencer campaigns and brand partnerships. This includes serving as our author’s and brand’s voice through firsthand posting and community engagement via Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. We are seeking a candidate who has demonstrated experience in managing all aspects of social media and most importantly is passionate about Vintage Anchor’s books and authors.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Crafting social media strategies for all Vintage Anchor titles and authors.
* Producing dynamic static and moving visual content to leverage on our author’s and the imprint’s Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
* Overseeing the scheduling of and monitoring posts on Vintage Anchor’s channels.
* Managing Vintage Anchor’s author Facebook pages, which includes monitoring literary and media news to post breaking news and trending topics in a timely manner.
* Devising creative content programs, influencer campaigns, and overseeing campaign timelines.
* Planning, producing, and implementing large-scale influencer campaigns, partnered giveaways, brand co-promotional programs, integrated digital events, and content campaigns for all Vintage Anchor titles.
* Serving as the head of social media activity for the imprint; which includes tending to author or editor social media requests and representing the imprint’s social department in meetings with authors, vendors, and key internal stakeholders.
* Managing a junior team member.
* Assessing social media analytics using digital tools to track published content in efforts to enhance our data driven social strategies.
* Research audience preferences and remain current on social media trends.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
* Minimum of 4 years of experience in managing social content for a brand, or digital media outlet
* Experience managing social media for a book publisher a plus
* Proven ability to craft innovative social media campaigns and oversee their implementation for multiple product launches at a time
* Extensive experience creating visual content daily in a time-sensitive environment
* Ability to predict, anticipate, and respond to trends and engaging moments on various social platforms
* Developed eye for catchy and interesting content that can elevate social traffic and overall community engagement
* Strong written communication skills and the ability to craft engaging and thoughtful copy
* Strong time management, critical thinking, and communication skills
* Fluent in the Adobe Suite, including Photoshop, InDesign, and Premier
* Experience with YouTube is a plus
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your résumé and cover letter with salary requirements. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.