Location: New York, NY, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Social Media
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
The Vintage/Anchor multi-platform team is seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented Social Media Marketing Associate to join our team. Within this exciting and tactical role you will get the opportunity to support digital initiatives, partnerships, and community management directly by crafting, scheduling and monitoring posts on various platforms and schedules, overseeing publishing timelines, and serving as our brand’s voice through firsthand posting and community engagement via Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. We are seeking a candidate who has demonstrated experience in maintaining social accounts, creating content, and most importantly is passionate about Vintage/Anchor’s books, brand, and authors.
This is a full-time position based in our New York office.
1. Collaborate with content creators to craft, schedule and monitor posts on Vintage/Anchor’s Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. This includes maintaining awareness of literary and media news to post timely content around breaking and trending events.
2. Asses social media analytics using digital tools to track content published in efforts to enhance our data driven social strategies.
3. Assist in researching and coordinating large-scale social media campaigns, including influencer and content programs.
4. Support maintenance and posting on author social media accounts on Facebook, maintain awareness of literary news cycles in order to drive timely postings behind breaking author news.
5. Develop, sustain and deliver relevant social media content ideas, and related assets on a weekly basis.
6. Research audience preferences and discover current social media trends.
* 1-3 years of experience in reviewing, scheduling, or publishing social content for a brand, influencer, or digital publisher.
* Passion for monitoring and tracking fast growing social accounts.
* Ability to predict, anticipate, and respond to trends and engaging moments on various social platforms.
* Developed eye for catchy and interesting content that can elevate social traffic and overall community engagement.
* Strong written communication skills and the ability to craft engaging and thoughtful copy.
* Strong time management, critical thinking, and communication skills.
* Working knowledge of Photoshop and Premiere editing
* High level command of social platforms and industry-standard publishing tools
* Experience with video and/or written editorial a plus.
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.