Location: NEW YORK, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Planning & Strategy
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
We are seeking an Assistant Marketing Manager to be responsible for managing key marketing initiatives for the Penguin Publishing Group (PPG) under the direction of the Vice President of Marketing Strategy. These initiatives include targeted marketing campaigns, promotional partnerships, and priority programs that scale across PPG in support of brand extension and the promotion of our books.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Planning, implementing, and analyzing creative marketing campaigns in conjunction with the marketing lead.
* Independently managing plans and communication for paid, organic, or earned media campaigns.
* Collaborating with PPG imprints, Corporate Marketing, and Creative Marketing Services to develop campaigns and timelines, create content, visuals, and giveaway opportunities, and route materials as needed.
* Participating in Amazon Marketing Services (AMS) work groups and campaign management assignments as needed.
* Managing the process around backlist and seasonal marketing efforts in AMS
* Liaising with the sales and metadata teams by coordinating meeting set up, trainings, communications, etc.
* Working closely with the Corporate Marketing team on current and ongoing web, digital, and email marketing projects and communicating necessary information across departments.
* Preparing marketing materials and strategy for consumer conferences, including Comic Cons and Book Con.
* Developing lists of targets and prospects for future paid and/or organic promotional partnerships.
* Tracking and recording campaign performance, coordinating necessary materials, and monitoring sales and metrics associated with activities when possible.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.