LendingTree was founded in 1996 by CEO Doug Lebda to help people comparison shop and get a great deal on the single biggest transaction of their lives: their mortgage. Since then, we’ve facilitated over 65 million loan requests, while becoming a household name (our brand recognition rivals Bank of America and Wells Fargo). Today we do much more than mortgages. We are the #1 online marketplace in the US for consumers to comparison shop for mortgages, personal loans, credit cards, student loans, auto loans and insurance. We have established relationships with millions of customers who engage with us through our My LendingTree portal, giving them access to free credit scores and money saving alerts. We are on a mission to help consumers save money and better their lives. We’re publicly traded (TREE), we’re financially sound and we’re in the top 10 of Fortune’s 100 Fastest Growing Companies. If you’re looking for an opportunity with a dynamic company that is fanatically pro-consumer and that champions your entrepreneurial spirit, then you’ve come to the right place.
The Vice President of Marketing Strategy and Operations is a key influencer role in the company. The responsibilities for this role are largely comprised of four parts:
• Performance – ensuring we achieve company and department performance Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
• Strategy and Go-To-Market Execution – developing Marketing Strategy from a go-to-market perspective across products and an adoption perspective within MyLendingTree, while building marketing people, repeatable processes and capabilities.
• Instrumentation – building precision reporting and instrumentation and leading a cross-functional team of Technology and Analytics partners to build out a unified enterprise data environment
• CRM – leading a cross-functional team to build a world-class Customer Relationship Management (CRM) ecosystem – using technology and human touchpoints to drive improvement across our entire customer journey.
The Vice President of Marketing Strategy and Operations reports directly to our Chief Marketing Officer, Brad Wilson and will work closely with the Executive team to steer core operational initiatives. Given the company’s rampant growth, multi-brand portfolio and string of recent acquisitions, this role has heavy interaction across our Business Intelligence, Analytics, Marketing, General Management (GM), Technology and Sales teams. Ultimately, this person is responsible for steering the business, in partnership with our President and Chief Marketing Officer and for driving operational initiatives that enhance our customer experience throughout the entire shopping experience, customer journey and customer lifecycle. Some travel is required for this position, as we have teams and operations in Charlotte, San Francisco, New York, Chicago, Boston, Seattle, Sacramento, Denver and Jacksonville.
• Creating and driving precision e-commerce reporting and instrumentation to drive our business towards KPI achievement across each of our loan, deposit, educational and advisory products.
• Working jointly with Technology and Analytics teams to build a best-in-class e-commerce and online retailing data environment – implementing processes, automation and reporting to drive visibility into our business for quick steering, trading and decisioning.
• Working with Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) to jointly develop ‘bottoms up’ forecasting to understand our Budget & Forecast sensitivity in any given financial period – understanding the drivers across acquisition, conversion, yield or lifetime value metrics.
• Drive operational improvement to our business through deft management and cross-functional steering of key initiatives – ultimately delivering efficiency through people, repeatable process improvement and strengthened capabilities across our technology environment.
• Move the organization towards becoming one of the best Customer Relationship Management companies in the world – evolving from a uniquely strong e-mail performance and call center sales support company – by working with all customer touchpoints, technology partners and operational teams to enable better outcomes for our customers and to deliver personalized experiences at scale.
• Develop go-to-market strategy and product marketing execution plans in support of achieving our in-year financial goals and long-term strategic success.
• Lead weekly Marketing Trading function of our business – democratizing information, creating uniform metrics across products and channels and driving clear ‘test and learn’ actions through process and communication of factual operational observations and the clear formation of hypotheses for performance improvement.
• Exceptional Leadership Ability – exceptional leadership abilities with a strong bias for attracting and developing talent and a demonstrated track record of leading through influence.
• E-commerce/Retail Operational Excellence – track record of implementing technology, process and new capabilities in a leading e-commerce or online retail environment at large scale.
• Seasoned and Transformative Operator with 15+ years of experience – ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in large, multi-brand e-commerce environments or have delivered transformational change through large-industry consulting engagements where the candidate has led people and teams through technological and operational advancements in ever-changing digital environments.
• Strategic Vision – ability to understand customer insights and competitive dynamics, galvanize stakeholders and develop cogent strategic plans for creating momentum and progress on key initiatives that will lead to successful long-term outcomes.
• Data-driven ‘Test and Learn’ Operator – ability to democratize data and drive ‘test and learn’ methodologies for informing fast-twitch decisions in a dynamic and competitive environment.
• Executive Cache – executive must have reported to a group VP or above and must demonstrate the ability, through prior professional experience, the ability to influence leaders across a multi-brand portfolio and geographically expansive environment.
• Communicator – must have executive communication ability and presence. Must inspire teammates and teams to thirst for excellence in initiatives beyond the in-quarter performance.
• Advanced Degree preferred – Bachelor’s degree required, Masters in Business Administration preferred.
Our clothes are casual and relaxed and our work ethic is highly professional. It is our culture for each team member to challenge the status quo, express their opinions and to stand up, ask for the ball and run with it to meet our aggressive goals. We also have a lot of fun together! We’re always looking for the best, brightest, high energy, results-driven Rock Stars to join our team. We reward innovation, creativity and the ability to just GET STUFF DONE.