SCORE is a national organization and resource partner of the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA).
The Tuolumne County SCORE chapter services Tuolumne and Calaveras counties and offers counselors who provide clients with 100 percent confidential and 100 percent free one-on-one small business counseling, group training and workshops.
Are you constantly jumping from one task to the next? Is your ‘to-do’ list getting longer rather than shorter?
In today’s world it seems that busy is the new badge of honor. Crazy. Stunned. Buried. Overloaded. These are words that seem to be everywhere. How are we to get anything done when we’re too busy?
But a hectic schedule doesn’t need to cut into your marketing strategy. Try hitting two birds with one stone; these marketing tactics can easily be accomplished during any lull in your day.
Time-saving social marketing
Do you ever wonder what you can do to cross some things off your to-do list when you only have 10 or 15 minutes?
• Your Facebook cover image is like your store-front window of days gone by. How about decorating it with a slideshow or video. These two relatively new tools on Facebook will make your page pop.
• Did you know the average person sends about 40 business emails a day? That’s 40 marketing opportunities a day. Wow! Get the most out of your time by changing your email signature line that reflects your strategic marketing goals. Using a tool like Wisestamp makes this easy and professional in appearance.
• We all know video is getting crazy big social engagement. With just a couple of minutes you can use your still images to create a video slideshow and ramp up your engagement and reach. Have top selling products or services? Create a slideshow featuring images that showcase these offerings. Upcoming event? Tell a story with images of the music, food, etc., that will be occurring at the event. Remember to include a link in your Facebook post for people to click that links your post to a landing page on your website that reveals all the details.
• Scroll through your social feed with a purpose. Check out the tone, style and graphics of your colleagues, top suppliers and industry leaders. What tone of voice are they using? Are there any words that pop out at you? What graphics do you see that are wow-worthy? Take note of these and consider how you can adapt your findings to your own posts and graphics.
Even small adjustments such as these can have a huge impact on your marketing success. Getting more mileage from your marketing content is the key for your to-do list and your sanity. Here’s where to start:
Tips that help
• Tip 1 — Turn your photos into a video slideshow. Your Facebook page has the ability to do this for you. Just click on your cover photo and you will have an option to create a slideshow.
• Tip 2 — Turn your Top 10 Tips into 10 short blog posts. Do you often list tips in your blog posts? Pull from those tips a short blog post to make your content reach further.
• Tip 3 — Use photos, really engage your audience with quality photos. Add a cool quote or other text to your photo and share on your social sites. Use free photos only, don’t infringe on copyrights.
Don’t spin your wheels another day. Get on top of your to-do list and gain some social marketing traction with these proven tips. Repurpose, re-use, recycle and reclaim your time.
Contact Linda Schooley at <a href="http://email@example.com@gmail.com