ZARAGOZA, Spain–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Libelium is developing a report about the greatest challenges to address
successful Internet of Things projects. The company publishes a
decalogue of 10 tips revealing the most important barriers and
difficulties that the market has to face nowadays.
IoT projects require a great deal of planning, we want to present a
decalogue of advice based on Libelium’s twelve years of experience as
the beginning of a project to identify the main challenges of the
market, to ensure its growth and success.
1. The IoT is cool but it has to be profitable.
objective that pursues a clear ROI, either in terms of cost savings or
2. The priority must be to generate value for the customer and for
the end user.
Define the project focusing on the end user of
the data and align expectations accordingly.
3. Act in the short term without losing sight of the time horizon.
Maintain a flexible attitude during all phases of the project.
4. Think small to achieve big transformation.
gains can be prioritized while keeping an eye on the goal of complete
5. Identify the useful data.
Do not install sensors
everywhere if you do not know what to do with the data afterwards.
6. Data as a new source of income.
We can even think of the
data as a new source of profit for companies.
7. Plan projects realistically.
Test the technology on a
small scale before and discover the difficulties that may arise later.
8. Time and money are enemies to watch: greater price transparency.
precisely what the amount of the investment will be in the medium term.
9. The importance of being surrounded by specialists:
a network of partners and share knowledge with all players of the
project to achieve a successful outcome.
10. Seek scalable, secure technology that does not limit future
What do you want to do with the devices or how
and where you want to store the data and process the information?
10+1- Innovate or die
Those who take advantage of change and
opportunities become more productive and efficient and add value to the
in the survey, Libelium will raffle twenty-five 20€ Amazon vouchers
among all participants.
More information: http://www.libelium.com/decalogue-for-a-successful-iot-project/