Geopolitical Futures (GPF) is in the market for a digital marketing director for our subscription-based online publishing product – www.geopoliticalfutures.com
- This is full-time, remote position. You can work from anywhere in the world but it must be on a US business day time zone.
- We offer attractive benefits for employees – including medical, dental and vision – generous PTO, and a flexible work environment. Salary is commensurate with experience.
If you are interested and qualify, please submit your resume and a cover letter and any relevant references.
But first, a note about who we are.
Who Is GPF?
Geopolitical Futures is a company that analyzes and forecasts the course of the international system. We study the world, and then explain it to our readers. Simple as that.
But we have a unique way of looking at things. We believe that impersonal forces – things like geography and political, economic and military forces – are what drive nations and their leaders. This is an important difference between GPF and think tanks (who develop policies) or news media (who relate events).
Everything we publish is rooted in geopolitics and flows from our methodology and forecast. We update the forecast daily, weekly and annually, and we track our progress, including our mistakes, for all our readers to see.
GPF is a subscription based publication. We write quality analyses for an intellectually curious and discerning audience. We traffic in geopolitics, not partisan politics. We’re transparent and objective. We write about what matters, not about what doesn’t. We’re bound by no one but our readers.
Digital Marketing Director Duties and Responsibilities
A successful digital marketing and sales strategy and implementation is the basis of GPF’s revenue.
What we require from a candidate for this position:
1: Must have some experience in a small company
2: Must be comfortable working remotely
3: Must understand a wide range of technologies and techniques involved in generating digital sales.
4: Must have experience in B-C marketing
5: Must have some background in publishing or at least subscription sales.
An ideal candidate will be able to:
- Plan strategy and be responsible for executing all digital marketing, including SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and display advertising campaigns
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs)
- Identify trends and insights, and optimize resources spent, manage performance based on the insights
- Brainstorm new and creative growth strategies – plan campaigns ahead, identify key triggers for advertising GPF’s product
- Plan, execute, and measure experiments and conversion tests
- Collaborate with internal teams to optimize user experience (coordination with analysis, editorial and IT is needed)
- Utilize strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels
- Instrument conversion points and optimize user funnels
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in marketing or a related field
- An interest in international affairs
- Proven working experience in digital marketing – experience with Mail Chimp
- Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics)
- Experience in setting up and optimizing Google Adwords campaigns
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
Being a remote company this position requires an ability to work independently in a deadline-driven environment while also working as a member of a team.
Job Type: Full-time