Amitabh Bachchan has given our country’s beloved Bollywood industry more than it ever asked for.
From meaningful movies, revolutionary poetry and soul-stirring music, to tactful politics, life-changing quotes and heart-warming philanthropy; the ‘angry young man’ just cannot be restricted to a certain adjective or field of expertise.
What to learn from Bachchan
When we reach the peak of our teenage life, we start to decide what path to choose.
When we start deciding what path to choose, we make selections based on the paths that successful people followed, so that we can become like them.
Successful people are subjective for all of us, depending on the field that we choose, however; here’s one person who we bet has been the role model for every one of you.
T 2958 – To all that have wished me .. to all that have sent greetings .. to all that have kept with me all along .. to all that have the gift of giving me longevity .. to all with my LOVE ?????????????????????????? pic.twitter.com/jFeXfMdQqu
Amitabh Bachchan (@SrBachchan) October 10, 2018
We probably know all there is to know about — and know from — Big B, but here’s to scooping out the best of his advice on how to be successful:
8 tips by Amitabh Bachchan on being successful
1. Follow your leader, as Bachchan always has
- “I think it’s important for you to leave the decision making on one person,” said Bachchan in an interview
The captain of the ship (your boss/ team leader/ head) has the vision, the sense, and the idea — so it’s only ethical to follow what they tell you to do.
If you have any disagreements with them, discuss them before you start any project; and once you start out, do not deviate — advises Big B.
2. Work hard; wake up early, advises Bachchan
- Work timely, says Bachchan
Quoting a Sanskrit saying, he explained those who sleep (or get distracted) in the time frame between sunrise and sunset — may they even be conquerors — they will lose out on all of their earnings.
Quoting another saying in the same interview, Big B metaphorically explained how you have to walk ahead of the sun if you want to gain knowledge; this struggle will only get you through.
3. Feel your work
Amitabh Bachchan is known for being the sole man in the industry, from when he started off, who can do complete justice to the work he is allotted.
Learning from him, we must know how to give our 100 per cent to the task we are assigned, put in our maximum effort into it, and ‘feel your work‘.
- Only then, will we get the desired fruit, believed Bachchan
4. Believe in teamwork; and in a team, give your best, as Bachchan does
- Do not worry about the outcome of your efforts, just give your best and appreciate that input
Bachchan said in an interview that in tandem with his directors, producers and the entire team, he would pick any opportunity that came his way and work towards it with unity.
- Alone, you may be strong, but together with a team, you are the strongest
5. Life is a beautiful struggle, enjoy that struggle as you grow: Bachchan
- Quoting the immortal poet and his father Harivansh Rai Bachchan, Big B asserted that till there is life, there is struggle
Accept that every day and every second of your life will be a constant struggle, and that you will be dedicated to wake up each day to fight that struggle; so that every task that you may pick, reflects the struggle that you have been through.
The day that people are able to recognise your struggle through your work, is the day you will bear substance and the day your name will shine, asserts Bachchan.
6. Learn from your mistakes and keeping moving on, says Bachchan
Citing his own experience of failures, Bachchan said that he doubts if there are any people in the world who haven’t encountered failed attempts or unfulfilled expectations.
“We all make mistakes,” said Big B in an interview, but one must never deny their mistakes; one must always stay with the work they have done and appreciate the efforts put into it — irrespective of the success in terms of money.
7. There are no shortcuts for success; Bachchan didn’t take any
- Coming from a background and history of hard work and struggle, Bachchan made his biggest hits for Bollywood in the year 1973
- Speaking of the same, an interviewer shared his experience of meeting Bachchan at 11:15 pm in the night
Way past most of the working class’s bedtime, Bachchan conducts meeting after meeting, which shows his dedication and sincerity towards his work.
T 2152 – This the picture I sent to FilmfareMadhuri Contest to join films .. is it any wonder they rejected me !! pic.twitter.com/49ECTENzrk
Amitabh Bachchan (@SrBachchan) February 21, 2016
Once in conversation with Shammi Narang, the infamous voice artist who has dubbed landmark recordings for the greatest artists of all times, we learned that even today, when Bachchan is — ‘THE Big B’ and can safely afford to take the entire world for granted — given a role, he makes sure to put all his blood and sweat into it.
So, going by the Big B formula, no compromises, no shortcuts, and no making amends with hard work — if you want to be successful.
8. Don’t wait for the doors of your fate to completely open, enter them even when they’re slightly spread: Bachchan
- Be humble enough to accept any small opportunity that knocks your door, it may not come again
- Even when the doors of your fate are slightly open, enter them, suggests Bachchan
- Do not expect or wait for them to completely open and await you
- In short, do not let chances go, you will never get enough of them!
Also read: 11 highly educated Bollywood celebrities
For more updates, follow India Today Education
Send in your queries to email@example.com