Caring for yourself is one of the most important things but it is also one of the easiest things to forget. Women spend so much time and effort caring for our partners, children, pets and add to that the numerous volunteer activities, errands, housework, family functions, meetings, etc., there isn’t much time left to care for yourself. Krystal Guerra, motivational speaker, joined us to talk about the four forms of self care and how to treat yourself!
- Physical self care: You can do many things to improve your physical self care such as, getting active, eating clean, massages, getting enough sleep.
- Emotional self care: Do things that acknowledge your feelings and bring peace of mind. Such as reading, writing, time alone, asking for help, unplugging social media or creating boundaries.
- Social self care: This means nurturing relationships with people outside of your immediate family. For women, friendships are actually critical to our quality of life.
- Spiritual self care: This doesn't mean religion per say but being mindful of your purpose, values and direction of your life is important to take care of.
Self care doesn't make you selfish. Everyone is unique, so their version of self-care can of course differ but these are some great guidelines to follow. Below are a few questions to ask yourself to get started on self care.
- What do I most enjoy doing with my time?
- What activities make my heart feel at rest and mind at ease?
- When do I feel the most full of life and well-being?
- Which people provide me with energy, strength, and inspiration, and how much time do I spend with them?
- When do I feel my life is full of purpose and meaning?
After asking yourself these five questions you are on your way to realizing what makes you and truly happy. Once you realize what makes you happy you are on the path to great self care.
Follow Krystal on Instagram for more great tips on business and success @KrystalGuerra.