Finance is the heart and soul of every business, making it imperative to set up an office according to the guidelines prescribed by the ancient science of Vastu Shastra. While the financial circulation of small businesses depends primarily on payment receipts and cash flow, big businesses have their own sources to maintain financial stability. To help you navigate pitfalls, the office should have decor item placed in the right direction to pave the way for prosperity and positivity at work. According to Ashna Ddhannak, Vastu expert and founder of mind wellness boutique Enlightening Lifestyle, you will only be successful at work if the environment is peaceful and spirited. Therefore, the correct placement of decor items will not only ensure financial prosperity but will also improve a person’s holistic well-being. Ddhannak has listed a few Vastu guidelines that will attract success and financial prosperity at work.
Vastu Shastra Guidelines: Prosperity at Work
1. According to Vastu Shastra, entrepreneurs should sit facing the north, east or north-east direction as it is considered auspicious. The sun rises in the east, making it conducive for financial growth.
2. Marketing and sales professionals should sit in the north-west direction, facing the northern part of the office wall. A seat facing the north-west direction will make these professionals more proactive, ensuring better business prospects.
3. Accounting professionals should sit in the south-east corner at work and face the north-east direction for increased wealth.
4. Business heads should occupy a cabin in the western part of the office. They should face the north-east direction as it helps improve leadership skills.
5. Vastu directions conducive to financial prosperity are north and northeast. The northern direction is ruled by Lord Kubera, the god of wealth. The north-east direction is governed by water, which is indicative of a person’s financial status, according to Vastu Shastra. Ddhannak suggests placing a mirror or a Kuber Yantra on the northern wall of the northern section of the office to ensure better financial opportunities.
Vastu Shastra Guidelines: Shape of Your Desk
6. Vastu Shastra prohibits the piling up of finished goods (for product manufacturers) in front of the office desk, in the north-east direction, as it creates hurdles. Finished goods should be placed in the north-west direction to ensure they are sold.
7. Important financial documents should be locked away in a safe constructed in the south-west zone of the office. The safe should face the north-east direction to improve finances and overall prosperity.
8. The reception area of the office creates a lasting impression for first-time visitors. Therefore, placing a bunch of French lavender flowers or green jade flowers on the reception desk will surround the space with positivity, thereby attracting prosperity. A four leaf clover plant can be placed at the entrance of the office as it invites good luck and fortune.
9. Entrepreneurs must ensure that their table or desk is rectangular shaped, and made from superior quality wood. A glass or metal table in an irregular shape in the cabin promotes confusion, stress and detachment from work.
Vastu Shastra Guidelines: Creating Energy Abundance at Work
10. Ashna Ddhannak warns office goers, entrepreneurs and businessmen not to sleep at the desk as it creates negative energy.
11. Keep your desks clutter-free. Keep papers and books locked away. Sort out documents according to their importance. Also, broken stationery should be discarded to remove obstacles to financial prosperity.
12. Employees must ensure that their backs never face a door in their cabins as it will prohibit them from seeing people enter. This could foster distrust at work, according to Vastu Shastra. In order to win the trust of colleagues, place a picture with a mountain scenery behind the chair seat as it fosters support. You can also place a turquoise pyramid on the desk to foster better communication with peers.