#ndn-video-player-1.ndn_embedded .ndn_floatContainer margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 20px;
#ndn-video-player-2.ndn_embedded .ndn_floatContainer margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 20px;
Everyone works hard so they can win in business, but it’s more than working hard. You have to get in front of the right people at the right time and convince them to buy.
Businesses spend thousands of dollars on marketing and don’t really know if they are getting a return on their investment. Times are changing, and we have seen a huge shift in advertising due to the increasing number of people online, specifically on social media.
Many businesses have ignored the shift and continued with their old school ways. Social media is the new era and here to stay. If you don’t embrace it, your leads will go to your competitors who are marketing on social media.
Here are my top four ways to win in your business with social media marketing:
1. Know what you want. What is your goal with social media marketing? Some clients want more brand awareness, others want more leads and many desire both. Our goal is to make you a dominating force online to bring you ideal and likely buyers to increase your revenue.
2. Define your customer. Social media is so powerful because you can directly target the exact audience you desire to reach. Who is your best customer? Where do they hang out? What’s their household income? Social media platforms like YouTube, Instagram and Facebook can directly target that customer. Once you build up an audience, you can re-target ads to them based on their interests.
3. Build your sales funnel. Now that you know your goal and have defined your customer, it is time to build your sales funnel. Just like you have a sales process offline for your business, you need to have a sales funnel online.
Here is your six-point Social Media Marketing Sales Funnel Blueprint to get started:
• The targeting: Who, what, when, where, why, how.
• The ad: The offer or copy that is showcased through video or a graphic.
• The landing page: Educate the audience and provide an offer.
• The thank you page: Your strategic one-time offer.
• The results: Understand the metrics and know your clicks, cost per result, cost per customer, cost per sale, etc.
• The follow-up: How and when to follow up and market to them again.
4. Pick one. There are so many social media platforms out there that it can be overwhelming to choose which one to use. We have seen business owners get paralyzed in using social media because try to do them all and throw away thousands of dollars trying to market through every social media platform without a strategic plan.
At this point in the game, not having a social media marketing strategy for your business is like challenging Russell Westbrook to a game of one-on-one basketball — you may score a bucket, but you’re definitely not winning the game.
You may not understand it. You may be scared of it. You may not be fully convinced you need it. But if you don’t have a plan, you will get left behind.
Jonathan Conneely, “Coach JC,” is the founder of CoachJC.com and the Win All Day Academy. He is the author of four books and launched the nonprofit Fit First Responders.
The views expressed here are those of the author and not necessarily the Tulsa World. To inquire about writing a Business Viewpoint column, email a short outline of the article to Business Editor Colleen Almeida Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.
#ndn-video-player-3.ndn_embedded .ndn_floatContainer margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 20px;